Surimi Crab Salad With Cilantro, Lime And Spinach Recipe
Cost per serving $0.85 view details
- 8 ounce surimi crab flakes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Â Â salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coleslaw dressing, light preferably
- Â Â or possibly lowfat mayonnaise with lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. fat-free plain yogurt preferably
- Â Â from Dannon with acidophilus
- 1/2 x celery stalk
- Â Â or possibly 3-Tbs diced celery
- 1 handf baby spinach leaves roughly chop or possibly tear
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Â Â or possibly licorice basil
- 1 dsh cayenne pepper optional
- 4 lrg croissants 2-ounce each or possibly Parker House rolls warmed
- Rinse the surimi to separate the flakes. Drain well. Transfer to a bowl and break flakes into small flakes with a pastry cutter (or possibly coarsely chop). Add in the lime juice, salt and pepper and toss to moisten. Add in the coleslaw dressing and yogurt. Mix well to coat.
- Add in the celery, spinach, cilantro and warm pepper, if using. Mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper and lime juice. Let stand about 10 min at room temperature. Serve a scoop in a sandwich, in a cored whole tomato, or possibly on a bed of lettuce. Excellent with croissants or possibly Parker house rolls, warmed.
- croissant 306 cals, 13g fat (38%)]
- NOTES : This is a favorite. It needs good ingredients: Hidden Valley Ranch Light Coleslaw is lemony and the Dannon fat free yogurt with acidophilus is very smooth. We like cilantro and lime, but we've used other herbs when fresh. Guests like this. It is always a winner.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 201g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 155||42%|
|Total Fat 17.27g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.35g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.85g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|