Super Skinny Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
This sweet and sour chicken taste sensational. It’s so much healthier than take-out and my family thinks it taste amazingly better! Although this dish is usually made with breaded, fried chicken, to make it healthy, I’m using chicken breasts chunks, adding more vegetables and pineapple plus serving over brown rice. The skinny for each serving, 260 calories, 4 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. I won’t be surprised if you end up making it several times a month. I do!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice, I used brown Basmati rice, see
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, from a jar
- Â¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into Â½-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- â cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 packages Stevia, Truvia, Splenda or your favorite sugar substitute
- Cook rice according to package directions except you donât need to add oil or salt to water, while cooking.
- In the meantime, coat the bottom of a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and chicken to pan; sautÃ© 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken mixture from pan; set aside.
- Coat pan again with cooking spray and heat remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add onions, carrots, celery and red bell pepper to pan. SautÃ© 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving Â¾ cup juice. Add 1Â½ cups pineapple chunks to pan; cook 30 seconds (Reserve remaining pineapple for another use). Combine the reserved Â¾ cup pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, flour, sugar and Stevia in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Return chicken mixture to pan. Stir in juice mixture; bring to boil. Cook 1-2 minute until sauce thickens a bit.
- To serve: Spread Â½ cup rice over each plate. Top each with about 1 cup sweet and sour chicken.
- This dish freezes great. Mix together the chicken and rice and freeze in individual servings.
- Makes 6 servings (1 cup sweet and sour chicken plus Â½ cup rice)
- ***For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 205g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||9%|
|Total Fat 2.66g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.43g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.69g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|