Sun-Dried Tomato Polenta with Lentil Puttenesca Recipe
Cost per serving $3.34 view details
- 3 cups unsweetened Almond Milk ( can use reg. milk or water)
- 1/2 t Kosher salt
- 1 cup Polenta (corn grits)
- 1-2 T butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mixed lentils
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Roma plum tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 1 cup pitted and sliced green olives (other olives will work as well)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons minced anchovy fillets (about 8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1-2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- For Polenta
- In large pot over high heat, bring almond milk and salt to boil. Gradually stir in cornmeal and sun dried tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook 12-18 minutes or until very thick. Stir frequently with long handled spoon to avoid sputters.
- When very thick, remove from heat and stir in butter and Parmesan.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9 casserole dish.
- Let it sit off heat for about 10-15 minutes to set, will be creamy.
- For Lentil Puttenesca
- Rinse lentils thoroughly under cool water.
- Preferably, soak lentils for 6-8 hours before cooking to reduce phytic acids.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the water, tomatoes and the remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, to taste, cover and set aside.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 301g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 499||49%|
|Total Fat 57.53g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 24.56g||98%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 109.44g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.1g||67%|