Summer Pudding With Low Fat Vanilla Custard Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $4.60 view details
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 pkt fresh strawberries - (16 ounce) hulled, and
- Â Â cut into 1/2" pcs - (abt 3 1/2 c.)
- 2Â 1/2 pt fresh raspberries
- 2Â 1/2 pt fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pkt soft sponge-cake ladyfingers - (3 ounce ea)
- Â Â Low-fat Vanilla Custard Sauce (see recipe)
- Stir 3/4 c. water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat till sugar dissolves. Add in strawberries and raspberries and bring just to boil, stirring constantly till berries release their juices, about 5 min. Stir in blueberries. Remove from heat. Let stand till lukewarm, about 30 min. Stir in vanilla. Strain berry mix, reserving berries and juices separately.
- Arrange 15 ladyfingers, side by side and standing upright, around inside of 5- to 6-c. souffle dish (about 7 inches in diameter and 3 inches high). Arrange 6 ladyfingers in bottom of dish, trimming to fit. Spoon half of berries into lined dish. Top with 6 ladyfingers, trimming to fit. Spoon remaining berries over. Top with 8 ladyfingers, trimming to fit. Cover with plastic wrap; place small plate atop pudding to weigh down. Refrigeratepudding and juices separately overnight.
- Peel back plastic wrap. Invert pudding onto plate. Spoon some of reserved juices over. Cut into wedges and serve with Low-fat Vanilla Custard Sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Assemble this modern take on a classic English dessert the day before to allow the juices to be absorbed. Look for the soft ladyfingers in the cookie or possibly specialty foods aisle of the supermarket.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 282g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 10||6%|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.44g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.0g||37%|