Sugar Free Cake, A Tasty Carrot Recipe
With the rise in the number of diabetics in the world, there has also been a rise in the search for sugar free recipes. Here is a tried and tested mouthwatering and sugar free carrot cake recipe that you can prepare at home and enjoy without any worry about the harms of sugar.
- Items needed:
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 cups of whole wheat grain flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh grated carrots
- Sugar free cream cheese frosting for the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 cup of splenda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- - Preheat the oven to 350F.
- - Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed and it doubles in volume.
- - Break in the eggs, one by one, and beat well.
- - Add the apple sauce, apple juice, oil and water and blend the mix well so that everything is well incorporated.
- - In a bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg.
- - Add the dry ingredients to the wet eggâapple mix and blend well.
- - Stir in the grated carrots, add the raisins, and mix well.
- - Grease two 9-inch baking pans and pour the batter in the two pans equally. Smooth the tops.
- - Bake in the oven at 350F for about 25-30 minutes and then again at 325F for about 10-12 minutes.
- - Remove and cool on a wire rack before serving or applying frosting.
- - Beat the splenda in a mixer to get a fine sugar mix.
- - Add the cream cheese and butter to the mix and beat well to get a smooth mix.
- - Mix in the vanilla extract.
- - Let the mix stand for some time before using.
- To assemble the cake:
- - Place one cake on a serving stand and apply a layer of frosting on the top.
- - Put another cake on top of it and press lightly.
- - Cover the cakes using the rest of the frosting from all sides.
- - Cool the cake in the fridge for some time to let the frosting set before cutting up to serve.
- Note: Use freshly grated carrots as the juices will keep the cake moist.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 418g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 463||47%|
|Total Fat 52.55g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 20.08g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 130.95g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|