Stuffed Pumpkin Peppers with Red Quinoa, Mushroom and White beans Recipe
- . 5-6 medium 'pumpkin style' red peppers, stem cut out and cavities cleaned.
- . > STUFFING:
- . 3 Tbps. e.v.Olive oil
- . 1 medium, sweet onion
- . 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- . 2 cups raw, cremini mushrooms, chopped
- . splash of fortified Sherry (or vermouth)
- . 1 cup cooked white beans
- . 1 cup cooked, red Quinoa
- . 1/2 tsp. each sea salt, granulated garlic
- . 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- . 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- . 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- . 1/2 cup mild cheese (Friulano, Mozzarella etc.)
- . STUFFING: In a large skillet, heat the oil on MEDIUM-HIGH. Add the chopped onions and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic. Toss and cook for another 5 minutes Add the chopped mushrooms. Cook them down until tender and caramelized. Splash in some fortified sherry. Add in the beans as well as the pre-cooked red quinoa. Lastly, season and combine to the mix. Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside to lightly cool.
- . ...Meanwhile, wash and prepare the peppers. Place them into an oven-proof casserole dish and lightly cover with a tea cloth while the stuffing is being finished.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 325F/160C/Gas3. Position the oven rack in the center.
- . When the mix has slightly cooled enough to handle, add in the cheeses. Give the mix a taste to see if there are any adjustments to be made. Now, stuff the peppers. Cover tightly with an aluminium foil.
- . BAKE the peppers for the first 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another15 minutes or until peppers are fork tender. Serve.
- . Note: baking time could be reduced if the pepper cavities were steamed first for 10 minutes.
- . Buon appetito from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner