Stuffed Peppers - Mexican Taco Style Recipe
Stuffed Peppers are so easy to change up flavor wise. These are made with a Mexican taco flavor. I used cous-cous instead of rice because my son doesn't really like rice. But you can use rice, cracked wheat or quinoa whatever you like. I also use mild chilies but for a spicier dish you could use jalapenos. For the meat in this recipe I used ground Italian sausage because its what I had in, but you can use ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken. Mix and match to your favorites.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 lg onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 4oz can mild green chilies
- 1 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 box parmesan Cous-Cous, prepared according to package
- 6-8 sm to med peppers
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, fiesta lime seasoning by Mrs.dash (or other mexican seasoning if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare Cous-cous set aside (or rice)
- Brown sausage with onions, when browned add garlic, tomatoes, chilies, water and taco seasoning. Season with salt, pepper and fiesta lime and simmer 5 mins.
- Mix cous cous into meat mixture and mix well.
- Prep peppers for stuffing and fill with the meat and cous cous mixture.
- Top with cheddar. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 mins till peppers are softened.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 227g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 228||64%|
|Total Fat 25.28g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 9.52g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.49g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|