Stuffed Double Cheese Bacon Burgers Recipe
Ken made his amazing cold smoked cheese again and before Patti ate it all for snacks we decided to use some for recipes. We had been talking about stuffed burgers for awhile and these were so good. Patti stuffed them with our cold smoked mozzarella, then topped the burgers with bacon squares and smoked cheddar. Perfect. There aren’t a lot of ingredient amounts because folks like to do burgers “to taste” with their cheese and condiments. Of course, we went a little crazy with the added goodies.
Patti and I have set one night a week just for us. It’s our date night. We usually put something special on our Louisiana Wood Pellet Grill/Smoker but sometimes we cook inside. We always eat outside on our patio where it is very comfortable with a rainforest theme. Wood burning stove, little lights, candles, lanterns and surround sound. We enjoy a little wine, or strawberry margaritas using frozen strawberries for ice, good food, music and sometimes a dance or two…
- 6 ¼ lb. hamburger patties 85/15
- Smoked cheddar cheese, sliced
- Smoked mozzarella, sliced
- Swimmin’ in Smoke Boo Yah Beef Seasoning
- Bacon Squares
- Country Bob’s BBQ Sauce
- Condiments of choice
- Season your patties and form a little pocket in one with your thumb for the cheese. Fill the pocket with the cheese and place another patty over this and seal them together. Get the seams tight or the cheese will ooze out. Preheat the grill to a screaming 400 degrees (205c). Place your burgers on the grill for 6 minutes per side with a quarter turn for those “Flavor Bars” as we call them. After 6 minutes flip them, add cheese and top with your bacon square. I had a little cheese left so I put some on top of the bacon square, too. Give it another quarter turn at 3 minutes. Grill until the bacon is done and the cheese is melted, the last 3 minutes.
- You are looking for an internal temp around 160 degrees (72c) pull it off, cover it and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Keep in mind that the meat will continue cooking for another 5 to 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. U.S.D.A. safe for all ground meat is 165 degrees (74c). I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
- Bacon Squares
- Cold Smoked Cheese
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 973g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 937||53%|
|Total Fat 104.06g||130%|
|Saturated Fat 43.03g||172%|
|Trans Fat 6.05g|
|Total Carbs 0.39g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|