Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
Cost per serving $1.42 view details
- 4 large pre-steamed cabbage leaves (steamed enough to be pliable)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 can no sugar stewed tomatoes, or three well cut up medium tomatoes (with juices)
- 4 slices melba toast, crushed fine
- Steam whole cabbage leaves until soft and pliable.
- Mix ground beef with onion, toast crumbs and 1/3 can stewed tomatoes, cut up if too big to mix in
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 5 mini loaves.
- Wrap each loaf in a cabbage leaf and place in skillet with the remaining stewed tomatoes.
- Check and add water occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. Cook approximately 1 hr.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 235g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||24%|
|Total Fat 17.13g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.68g||27%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 99.09g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|