Strawberry Trifle Recipe
This is a very appealing dessert made with fresh strawberries, angel food cake and sweet creamy layers. Serve it in a deep glass bowl or trifle bowl for a spectacular presentation. Prepare ahead as you will need to refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) cold water
- 1 pkg (for 4) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) whipping cream, whipped
- 1 angel food cake (purchased) or 6 to 8 small individually wrapped angel food cake, cubed in 1 inch squares.
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh strawberries, cleaned, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- A few fresh strawberries for the top, sliced in half
- A few chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the eagle brand condensed milk and the cold water. Gently add the instant vanilla pudding mix and blend well. Refrigerate this mixture until firm, a few hours. Then, take out the refrigerated mixture and gently incorporate the whipped cream. Pour 2 cups (500 ml) of this mixture in the bottom of a large glass bowl (4 L) or trifle bowl. Add the cubed angel food cake over the top; add half of the cut-up strawberries, spread half the strawberry jam and continue adding another layer with the remaining ingredients, ending with the pudding. Decore the top with a few fresh strawberries and a few chocolate chips or chocolate curls. Refrigerate this dessert for 4 hours before serving. Yields 10 to 12 portions.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 218||39%|
|Total Fat 24.31g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 15.02g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 78.13g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|