Strawberry Lemonade with Fresh Strawberries Recipe
Cost per serving $0.30 view details
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon juice fresh-squeezed you will need about 12 lemons.
- 1½ lbs strawberries tops removed
- 2 cups simple syrup
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups ice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash the strawberries, remove their tops, and place them on a small sheet pan. Roast the strawberries in the oven at 350°F for 25 - 30 minutes. This softens them and makes it easier to separate the juice from the seeds and pulp.
- Make the simple syrup while the berries are roasting. Mix the water and sugar together. Heat on medium heat while stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Juice the lemons and strain out the pulp and seeds.
- Once the berries are softened place in a blender and blend until pureed. Place the puree in a nut milk bag (click here) for link to purchase. I strain the puree through the nut-milk bag to get all the seeds and the thick pulp out. I hang the bag in the pitcher to let it drain and cool. Once it is cool enough to squeeze, squeeze the bag to extract the juice. Discard the seeds and pulp. Alternately you can use a fine-mesh strainer or several layers of cheesecloth.
- In a large pitcher, add the berry juice to the lemon juice. Add simple syrup, water, and ice. Stir to mix. Add a little more simple syrup for extra sweetness.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 348g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 87.55g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|