Stove Top White Chicken Chili Recipe
I love this recipe because it is such a change from traditional chili. In this recipe I use tomatillos, which are available in most areas locally, and have an unusual taste that most people (I know) haven't tried.
This chili is rich, hearty, and very satisfying on cold days. It freezes really well, and please remember to adjust the spices (heat), according to your personal taste.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (7 ounce) cans medium salsa ( ethnic foods aisle in grocery store)
- 1 (7 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers
- 1 (7 ounce) cans sliced jalapeno peppers
- salt, to taste
- 1 small onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 green peppers
- 4 medium tomatillos, cored and diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, with liquid
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In food processor, chop onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, & jalapeÃ±os (can chop all together).
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, add oil, and contents of food processor and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan and cook through.
- Add 1 1/2 cans beans with liquid, and food process remaining beans and add to pot.
- Stir well and add remaining ingredients.
- When pot comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.