Stir fry vermicelli and dried clams Recipe
I must confess we often cook this dish after we have leftover mohinger not because I cooked lots of vermicelli rather we ate only mohinger soup with my split pea fry. So I am left with plain, already cooked vermicelli . . . well, my reluctance to throw out food is how this dish came about.
If you do not want or do not like pungent aromas, replace with mild flavor dried shrimp. Thin vermicelli break away easily when you stir fried so be sure to look for the biggest vermicelli you can find in any Asian supermarket. Sometimes they label the size, but often with the clear plastic it’s just as easy to look through the clear plastic.
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package 12 oz large vermicelli
- 1/4 cup dried clams, soaked in 1 cup warm water, chopped
- 1 salty small fish, pound into small pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 small carrot, shred
- 4 oz bean spout
- 2 tbsp fried chili paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish
- Cook vermicelli shorter than according to the package to make sure vermicelli are under cooked.
- Put oil in a wok over high heat, stir in salty fish and clams for one minute. Stir in onion until onion pieces are loose.
- Add carrots, fried chili paste and cooked vermicelli, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bean spout, clam soaked water, fish sauce and soy sauce; and cook for 5 more minute.
- Turn off the heat and divide into two portions.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 221g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 128||49%|
|Total Fat 14.47g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.14g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.26g|
|Total Carbs 26.81g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|