Sticky Chocolate, Maple and Walnut Swirls Recipe
Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- Serves 12 people
- 450g / 1lb / cup strong white flour
- 2.5ml / ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g /2oz / ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 50g 2oz / ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 sachet easy-blend dried yeast 1 eggs yolk
- 120ml/ 4fi oz/ ½ cup water
- 60ml/ 4 tbsp milk
- 45ml/3 tbsp maple syrup, to finish
- FOR THE FILLING
- 40g / 1 ½ oz/ 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 50g / 2oz / ½ cup light muscovado sugar
- 175g / 6oz/ 1 cup plain chocolate chips
- 75g / 3oz / cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Grease a deep 23 cm/9 in springform cake tin. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl, then rill) in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- 2. Stir in the sugar and yeast. In a jug or bowl, beat the egg yolk with the water and milk, then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough.
- 3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, then roll out to a rectangle measuring about 40 x 30 cm/ 16 x 12 in.
- 4. For the filling, brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar, chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5. Roll up the dough from one long side like a Swiss roll, then cut into 12 thick even-size slices. Pack close together in the tin, cut sides up. Cover and leave in a warm place for about I 1/2 hours, until well risen and springy. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- 6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Brush with maple syrup while still warm. Pull swirls apart to serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 7g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||32%|
|Total Fat 0.83g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.29g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.49g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|