Steamed Tofu With Shrimp Mousse Recipe
Cost per serving $0.65 view details
- 1 pkt soft tofu - (16 ounce) liquid removed
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 x green onion, including top minced
- 1/4 lb raw medium shrimp shelled, deveined
- 1/2 tsp minced cilantro
- 1 x egg
- 1Â 1/2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- Chop the shrimp in a food processor. Add in the remaining mousse ingredients and process till the shrimp are finely diced. Remove the shrimp mousse to a bowl and mix rapidly to incorporate air into the mix.
- Cut the block of tofu in half horizontally; cut each piece in half lengthwise, then crosswise, to make 8 equal pcs. Lay the tofu pcs side by side in a 9-inch glass pie pan or possibly other heat-proof dish. Proportionately spread shrimp mousse over each piece.
- Place a steaming rack in a wok or possibly saucepan. Add in water to just below the level of the rack and bring to a boil. Place the dish on the rack; cover and steam till the shrimp mousse turns pink, about 6 to 10 min.
- Remove the dish from the wok and carefully pour off the cooking juices. Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the tofu, sprinkle with green onions and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||38%|
|Total Fat 3.28g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.68g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.13g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|