Steam Sauteed Green Beans With Almonds And Parsley Recipe
Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 1/4 c. slivered almonds
- 1 lb green beans stem ends trimmed
- 1/3 c. water
- 4 tsp butter divided
- 1/2 tsp salt - (scant)
- 1/4 tsp finely-grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Heat an 8- to 9-inch pot over medium-low heat. When it is warm, add in almonds and toast, stirring frequently, till they are golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 min. Remove almonds from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pot add in green beans, 1/3 c. water, 2 tsp. of the butter, and salt, and cover. Increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook till steam escapes around lid. Set timer for 5 min and continue to steam till beans are brightly colored and just tender. Remove lid and continue to cook till water evaporates and beans start to saute/fry, 1 to 2 min longer.
- Turn off heat, and stir in toasted almonds, lemon zest, parsley, remaining 2 tsp. butter, and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 29g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||90%|
|Total Fat 5.19g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.53g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.72g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|