Steak Mushroom Cheese Pizza Recipe
This ridiculously delicious Steak Mushroom Cheese Pizza starts with prebaked flatbread, gooey cheesy sauce, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms and ends with loads of smiles. It is the perfect Date Night Dinner for 2!
Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 1 (12 ounce) ribeye steak, boneless (oil, salt & pepper)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 3 tablespoons white wine (I used chardonnay)
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅓ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- Pinches of salt, pepper & sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place a cast iron skillet or ovenproof pan over medium high heat on stove. Brush both sides of steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. When pan is hot, place steak in skillet and sear for 2 minutes. Flip steaks over and place in oven for 5-6 minutes, until the steak reaches 132°F. Remove steak to a plate and set aside. Let steak rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Place flatbreads directly on oven rack and toast for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and place on a serving plate.
- While flatbreads toast, using the same steak pan (no need to wipe clean), add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter to pan. Add in the onions and mushrooms. Stir occasionally until lightly browned and softened, about 6-8 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper, pour veggies into a bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add white wine and let it reduce in half, about 1 minute. Add half and half, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of salt, pepper and sugar to pan. Bring to a simmer and stir until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Take off heat.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the arugula with balsamic vinegar and toss.
- To assemble the pizzas, divide half of the sauce on top of each flatbread. Top with the onion mushroom combination and then the steak slices. Finish each with the arugula salad and enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 445g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 182||35%|
|Total Fat 20.48g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10.45g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.01g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|