Sriracha Candies Recipe
These hard candies are sweet with a slight hint of chilli and garlic.
Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 T Sriracha sauce
- Color a drop of orange gel but I used red !
- Candy thermometer
- Combine sugar,corn syrup and water in a sucepan.Stir while bringing to a boil.
- Cover the sauce pan and boil for 3-4 mins >remove the cover and insert a candy thermometer and cook without stirring until the temparature reaches 115C.Add half the sauce .Be careful as it will sputter and do not stir.
- Continue to cook till it reaches 154C.Remove from heat and shock the saucepan in cold water for 20 seconds to prevent carry over cooking.
- Allow the cooked sugar to sit undisturbed for 5 mins to cool and for bubbles subside.
- Gently mix the remainig sauce and gel color.
- Free form
- Pour the cooled candy onto piece of oiled aluminium foil or silicon sheet. Pour disks of the desired size and push a loliipop stick before it hardens.
- Molded form
- Pour the candy in moulds and allow it to cool before storing in air tight containers.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 43g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.18g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|