Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe
Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small bunches squash blossoms, all but 1″of stem removed, chopped; enough to measure 2 cups
- 2 small green onions, chopped along with some of the green stems, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper or ground white pepper to taste
- 1 poblano chile, roasted, peeled and cut into strips
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 large corn tortillas
- Heat the oil on medium-low heat in a medium sized skillet.
- When skillet is hot, add onions and cook until translucent (about 2-1/2 to 3 minutes),
- Add squash blossoms and garlic, and cook until blossoms are wilted.
- Remove from heat and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- For the tortillas: Heat a slightly oiled large skillet over medium heat.
- Place four tortillas in skillet and evenly divide squash blossom mixture among them.
- Add strips of poblano chile and thinly sliced cheese to each tortilla.
- Cover each one with a second tortilla.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until brown, toasty spots appear on the tortillas and the cheese melts.
- Cut into quarters and serve 2 quarters to each person if using large tortillas.
- Make sure to serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 74||49%|
|Total Fat 8.33g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.89g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.38g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|