Spinach Strawberry & Peach Salad Recipe
Know what you eat:
Spinach is an awesome source of vitamin C & iron as well as a powerful antioxidant and considered a “Super Food”.
Peaches are a tasty treat with modest calories, a good source of potassium, vitamins A & C, low sodium, no saturated fat.
Strawberries not only look like a fruity heart-shaped valentine, they are filled with unusual phytonutrients that love to promote your health. Their unique phenol content makes them a heart- protective fruit, an anti-cancer fruit, and an anti-inflammatory fruit, all rolled into one. Besides it is also a great source of vitamin C, K, B5, B6, folic acid,
potassium, and many more.
Everything you need to make this salad is already most likely in your pantry / fridge. Make sure you prepare the dressing before assembling other things, to give it time to settle and come together.
- 2 bunches of spinach / baby spinach, washed, dried, cut if needed
- 2-3 C washed, sliced Strawberries
- 1 C washed, sliced Peach
- 2Tbsp Distilled white vinegar / fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp C Olive oil (vegetable oil can be substituted)
- 1/2 tsp white sugar or Sugar substitue for low-Carb Diets
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp of roasted and toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 C Silvered Almonds & Walnuts
- Salt to taste
- 1. Using a whisk, combine vinegar/ lemon juice, oil, sugar, pepper powder, a pinch of salt till sugar is dissolved. Place dressing in the refrigerator.
- 2. To toast sesame seeds, either put it in the microwave for 10 mins, let it come to room temperature & again put it for 10 mins OR simply place the seeds in an un-
- oiled small skillet on medium heat. Stir until seeds start browning and popping. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl toss torn spinach leaves, strawberries, sesame seeds, and drizzle the dressing over it.
- 4. Now add silvered almonds & walnuts if desired.
- 5. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 279g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||61%|
|Total Fat 13.44g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.86g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.54g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|