Spinach-Romaine Lettuce Salad Recipe
This was a 'gourmet' salad from Bon Appetit, 1978. It now is a favorite in my recipes. Sliced red onions and/or feta cheese make good additions to this salad.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox“Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.”Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.”nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups fresh romaine leaves and hearts, torn into bite size
- 1/2 cup fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, fried crisp and broken into small pieces
- 1-2 navel oranges
- 1/4 cup toasted whole almonds or slivered almonds
- Seasoned Vinaigrette Dressing of your choice
- Wash and dry spinach and romaine leaves and hearts.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Fry the bacon crisp and drain on toweling paper.
- Cut of the peel and white pith on oranges, cut int 1/2 inch slices and quarter.
- Toast almonds, allow to cool.
- Assemble greens into a large bowl.
- Add some of the vinaigrette and mix greens.
- Add mushrooms, bacon, oranges and almonds.
- Mix more vinaigrette or have available for serving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||74%|
|Total Fat 14.46g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4.47g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|