Spinach and Sausage Gnocchi Recipe
Cost per serving $1.26 view details
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 links hot Italian turkey sausage (or pork sausage), casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 12 ounce bag spinach, stems removed
- 1 16 ounce package shelf stable gnocchi
- 2 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until brown about 8 minutes. Reduce to medium low and continue cooking about 10 minutes until golden brown and very tender.
- Increase heat to medium and add sausage, garlic and pepper. Cook breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes. Add water and stir up any browned bits until the water evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach a handful at a time and cook stirring until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to high broil.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown...about 5 minutes. Stir the gnocchi into the spinach mixture, top with the mozzarella, place in the oven and broil until the cheese starts to brown...about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 139g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 113||68%|
|Total Fat 12.74g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.39g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.64g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|