Spinach and Eggplant Rigatoni with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
Spinach and Eggplant Rigatoni is one of the simplest pasta recipes and yet so full of flavors though the original recipe had spicy sausages, to give the recipe a pure vegetarian twist I added chili flakes, eggplant and spinach.
Cost per serving $3.31 view details
- 200g rigatoni pasta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 round small sized eggplant, cut into fine cubes
- 1 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 1 bunch spinach, stemmed and roughly chopped
- ½ Cup light cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as per taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- In a pan 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat and add eggplant cubes. Saute until eggplant is cooked and tender but not mushy, during the process keep on stirring the pan frequently for even cooking.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and saute for 2 - 3 minutes or until translucent but not brown.
- Add red chili flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally until reduced by a third, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked as per your liking. I usually prefer tasting pasta to check for doneness.
- Drain in a colander, reserving ¼ cup cooking water; add both pasta and water to reserved sauce and cook about 5 minutes more or until sauce thickens.
- Fold in cooked eggplant and mix nicely. Switch off the flame.
- Drizzle lemon juice and serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 456g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 348||76%|
|Total Fat 39.48g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 11.09g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.97g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|