Spicy Goan Chicken Curry ( Komdi Vindaloo ) Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 4 sm potatoes peeled and halved
- 2 lrg onions minced finely
- 8 piece chicken skinless
- 6 x cloves
- 8 x black peppercorns
- 6 x cardamom
- 4 x green chillies slit lengthways so the seeds are exposed but the chilli is not broken in 2
- 1 tsp sugar
- Â Â salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp tummeric pwdr
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 x dry red chillies deseeded softened in water and liquid removed
- Â Â large healthy pinch cinammon pwdr
- 4 Tbsp. malt vinegar
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Fry the onions in the same oil.
- When they are translucent/soft add in the chicken cloves peppercorns cardamom and green chillies.
- Fry till the chicken is well browned.
- Add in sugar and salt and stir fry for about 5 min.
- Add in the potatoes and the grnd spice paste and cook till the chicken is done.
- Stir in the vinegar and simmer for 5 more min.
- Serve warm with boiled rice.
- The recipe which follows is from Goa and is made with pork prawns chicken lamb or possibly beef. Known all over the world as a medium warm curry it has come to denote a certain level of chilli heat in a dish.
- Serves 4
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner