Spicy Beluga Pasta Sauce with Mushrooms and Wine Recipe
Beluga lentils in a spicy tomato sauce with mushrooms and wine. A great meatless sauce that can also be used in lasagna.
Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 1 cup dry mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine (your choice)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 cup [b]Beluga[/b] lentils (rinsed)
- 1 medium diced onion (approx. 1 cup)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic (approx. 4 tsp)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 diced green peppers (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can [i]Spicy Red Pepper Petite Cut[/i] tomatoes (540 ml)
- 1 can tomato sauce (398 ml)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Soak the mushrooms in the wine for approximately 45 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze the mushrooms. Reserve the wine. Chop the mushrooms.
- Add olive oil to a heavy bottom skillet.
- Caramelize the onions.
- Add the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the rinsed lentils and the reserved wine. Add additional water if the reserved wine is less than 1 cup.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and green peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- If you prefer your peppers softer…then cook for an additional 5 minutes, or add them sooner.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and 1/3 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the fresh chopped basil.
- Serve over your favourite pasta and garnish with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||15%|
|Total Fat 1.46g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.82g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.73g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|