Spanish Chicken Recipe
Spanish Chicken-is a delicious, and quick recipe which takes only 35 minutes from start to finish. If you are looking for something different for chicken this recipe fits the bill! Tender, flavorful and well spiced chicken breasts with bell peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic all simmered in a skillet. It is also a low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- (1-1/2 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into
- 6 serving-size pieces (about 4 oz each).
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
- Mix together the flour, paprika, minced garlic, salt, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons of the seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and remaining seasoned flour. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in red pepper, if desired. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||51%|
|Total Fat 4.78g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.69g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.22g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|