Spaghetti Alio e Olio ..... (Spaghetti with Garlic & Oil) Recipe
Somebody rightly said this great Italian pasta recipe is simple enough to whip up at the end of a big night out. The secret to the best results is in emulsifying the sauce. One of my favorite Italian dishes, alio olio is the perfect example of how simple yet quality ingredients can make a difference to the flavor.
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp + 50 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 small red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ Cup roughly chopped parsley
- ¼ Cup black olives, cut into halves
- ¼ Cup vegetable/chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- Mix vegetables(Optional):
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- broccoli, haricot beans can also be used
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- Boil the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water and set aside until required.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic and chilli. When the garlic turns golden brown, add the vegetables and saute for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add hot stock water to glaze the pan and stop vegetables from cooking. Switch off the gas.
- Add the pasta, olives, 50ml olive oil, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Keep tossing the pasta. The pasta liquid and oil will emulsify, thickening and coating the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan and some more parsley before serving. Enjoy with tossed bread.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 380g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||37%|
|Total Fat 30.22g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 5.18g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 96.1g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|