Southwestern Shell Pasta Salad Recipe
Chop, chop, chop and get your frustrations out making this pasta salad with south-of-the-border appeal. Choose your heat level by amount of peppers, hot sauce and chilies you add. This yields a generous bowl and serves 12-14. Make this ahead of time and chill ~ if you can wait and can keep everyone out too!
- 1 pound small shell pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 to 4 ounces canned diced green chilies, drained
- 6 to 8 green onions sliced w/green
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (can be part green bell pepper)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Several dashes Tabasco (or sub equivalent heat of red pepper flakes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and cut in cubes (optional)
- In large bowl combine shell pasta, beans, corn, olives, green chilies, onions, bell pepper, celery, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers.
- In small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice, mayonnaise, Tabasco and salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture and toss lightly, coating evenly.
- Cover and chill a few hours or overnight. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- If desired, lightly fold in avocados and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 149g|
|Recipe makes 14 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||46%|
|Total Fat 21.47g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3.06g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.32g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|