Smoked Scottish Salmon Christmas Tree Hors D'Oeuvre Recipe
This one was a huge hit at one of the Christmas parties we held. Took a bit of work but they came out great.
Cost per serving $0.04 view details
- Smoked Scottish Salmon thinly sliced
- Onion (red or white) very thinly sliced
- cream cheese softened (Whipped preferred)
- diced pimento
- thinly sliced pumpernickel bread
- For the trees
- Take the pumpernickel bread and using a Christmas Tree cookie cutter cut out as many trees as you are going to be making. Spread a very thin layer of cream cheese onto one side of the trees. Using an aspic cutter star shaped cut stars or what ever other design you want out of the leftover pieces of pumpernickel.
- Take the Salmon and lay it out flat and using the same cookie cutter , cut tree shapes of salmon and place onto the cream cheese side of the pumpernickel. Take left over pieces of salmon and group into rectangles slightly larger than the tree and cut out and using spatula place onto pumpernickel. *
- Now taking the thinly sliced onion crisscross it down the tree to resemble garland. Place a few capers and pimento to resemble decorations, and place the star shaped bread at the top of the tree. Arrange on a platter to serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 12g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.39g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|