Smoked Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
We wanted a hearty stick to your ribs dinner. Having our good friends Jim & Debbie over and they wanted a dinner with some of Ken’s smoked cheese. We’ve all enjoyed it as snacks on crackers and cheese sauce, but they wanted to try some of our cooking magic as an entrée. Patti thought her lasagna would put the cheeses to a delicious use. Instead of the usual flat noodles, she filled them with the cheese mixture and rolled them up, then poured the sauce on, topping them with more yummy smoked cheeses. Using our Green Mountain Grill/Smoker with GMG Sizzle seasoning with our smoked cheese it was a win, win, win. A cheer went up from the crowd.Link for Smoked Cheese; do our recipes on our patio where we have a lineup of grills, including Louisiana, Green Mountain, Royall, Memphis, Traeger pellet grills, Char Griller side box smoker, Saber, Charmglow, Char-Broil, The Big Easy, Pacific Living Outdoor Oven, Lodge Sportsman’s, Brinkman and Weber. I call it our “Wall of Grill”. Our grilling styles are healthy and low fat and will fit pelletheads, gas, natural wood and even charcoal purists. Almost any of our recipes can be done on any kind of good BBQ.
The important thing to keep in mind is TIME & TEMPERATURE. You can even do some of them in the oven or crock pot, but, then you lose all the flavors you get from cooking outdoors. But sometimes it does rain.
Remember that a recipe is simply an outline; it is not written in stone. Don’t be afraid to make changes to suit your taste. Take it and run with it….
Live your Passion and Do What You Love
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked, drained and chilled
- 1 lb. ground sirloin, 93/7
- 1lb. bulk pork sausage, hot or mild
- 1 24oz. jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups fresh salsa, hot or mild
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups smoked mozzarella, shredded and divided
- 3 cups smoked Colby Jack, shredded
- 2 cups smoked cheddar, shredded
- 4 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 fresh small sweet peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Green Mountain Grills Sizzle Seasoning & Rub
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- In a large lightly greased Dutch oven brown garlic, peppers and meat until meat is no longer pink. Blend in sauce, salsa and seasonings. Simmer 10 minutes. In a large bowl mix ricotta, spinach, smoked Colby-Jack, half of smoked mozzarella and eggs. On one end of each noodle place 1/3 cup cheese mixture, roll up. In a large foil pan place 1 cup sauce mixture. Add roll ups seam side down. Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses. Now it’s time for the Green Mountain. Place it on the grill for 40 minutes at 350 degrees (177c).
- I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
- Note: I get a lot of questions about the kind of pellets you can use with a recipe. Keep in mind that a recipe is just an outline. Some you need to follow closely like when you are making bread, but most you can do anything you can dream, our favorite way to cook. Feel free to mix and match the pellets until you find a combination you really like. Also you are only smoking at temps less than 250 degrees (122c), anything higher is cooking and there will not be much if any smoke so it does not matter what kind of pellet you are using.
- For baking in your oven check out our website
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 644g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 614||52%|
|Total Fat 68.7g||86%|
|Saturated Fat 35.57g||142%|
|Trans Fat 0.48g|
|Total Carbs 69.79g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|