Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe
I was craving cranberries. So I pulled out this recipe I had for a little while and made it for dinner tonight.
I rely on a can of cranberry sauce to create the sweet tangy sauce for this tender pork entree. This is nicely seasoned as it simmers by using cranberry and/or orange juice, ground cloves and ground mustard.
My suggestion if you use orange juice, reduce the sugar amount to 1/8 cup. Another idea is to replace the clove with 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed sage.
- 3 Lbs. Boneless Pork Loin Roast
- 16 Oz. Can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry or Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Cold Water
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- Place the roast in a crock pot. In a bowl, mash cranberry sauce, stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 - 8 hours, until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- Skim fat from top of broth in cooker. Remove 2 cups of the broth (add water if not enough) and place in a saucepan. Boil over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, stir into juices to make gravy. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Taste; season with salt. Serve with pork.
- Tip: This can be done in the oven at 300°F for 1 1/2 hours. Then raise temperature to 350°F; whisk cornstarch mixture into the pan dripping's and continue baking uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let meat rest; covered for 10 minutes before carving.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 180g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||25%|
|Total Fat 7.73g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.63g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.91g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|