Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Mushrooms Recipe
Cost per serving $2.25 view details
- 1/2 lb. sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Place mushrooms and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown meat in batches, adding additional oil as needed.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high 15-30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 423g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||47%|
|Total Fat 21.42g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8.04g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.36g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|