Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
Searing the meat first leads to fall-apart beefy goodness later. Let your slow cooker make dinner tonight!
Servings: 6 Servings
Cost per serving $0.85 view details
- 1.5 lbs. stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb. small yellow potatoes, cut into cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges and then cut again (as to not chop too small)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Â¼ cups beef broth
- Â¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Canola oil
- S & P
- In a large skillet, heat ~ 1.5 Tbsp canola oil until hot.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Coat with 2 Tbsp of flour on all sides.
- Sear meat in skillet until brown on all sides. Work in batches, as to not overcrowd the skillet.
- While meat is cooking, toss potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in slow cooker.
- Once meat is seared, add on top of veggies. Add 3 cups of broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf, as well. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours until meat is fork-tender (it should literally shred apart at the touch).
- 30 minutes before total cooking time, mix the remaining 2 Tbsp of flour with the remaining Â¼ cup of broth. Add to crock pot, along with frozen peas, and turn to HIGH. This will help thicken the soup slightly and cook the peas.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 391g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||18%|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.68g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.73g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|