- 3 Lb. Boneless Pork Loin Roast or Pork Shoulder Roast
- 8 Oz. Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained
- 3/4 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Orange Zest
- 1 Tsp. Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Slow-Cooked Barbecued Pork Roast
- Prepare Sauce:
- Combine undrained pineapple, barbecue sauce, chili sauce, orange zest, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare Pork:
- Coat large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pork roast. Cook until brown on all sides, turning to brown evenly.
- Place pork roast in 3 1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart slow cooker. (If necessary, cut roast to fit cooker.) Pour half of the sauce over roast; turn roast to coat.
- Cook on high-heat setting 4 to 4 1/2 hours or on low-heat setting 6 to 7 hours. Remove roast from cooker; let stand 15 minutes before slicing/shredding.
- For Loin Roast: Slice and serve reserved sauce with meat.
- For Shoulder Roast: While meat cools slightly, remove juices in slow cooker/crock pot; dispose. Shred roast with two forks, return to crock and add remaining barbecue sauce. Cover, warm through and serve.
This slow-cooked barbecue pork roast gets dressed up with Italian seasonings and an exotic addition of pineapple.
Leftovers make great sandwiches the next day. Serve with Sautéed Sugar Peas and your favorite pasta salad or Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Red Grapes.