Skinny Sweet and Sour Cabbage Roll Skillet with Just 199 Calories a Serving Recipe
Get all the fabulous flavors of traditional stuffed cabbage but without all the rolling! This one pan wonder is so sensational and super quick to make. I’ve made it skinny by using extra lean ground beef and brown Basmati rice instead of the usual white. Delight in the fact that 1 serving is just 199 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS!!! All you’ll need to serve this dish with is a simple salad. Freeze any leftovers for future meals, if you even have any. My family ate it 2 days in a row. It’s that good!
- Â½ cup uncooked brown rice, I like Basmati brown rice
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions, chopped
- Â¾ cup finely celery, chopped
- Â¼ teaspoon seasoned salt">salt or regular salt">salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg, well beaten, I like Egglandâs Best eggs
- 1 (16-oz) pkg. coleslaw blend or shredded cabbage (4 cups)
- 1Â½ cups (12-oz) tomato sauce or marinara sauce, I use Classico Tomato and Basil or Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce
- â cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 4Â½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- Cook rice as directed on package (Â½ cup uncooked is about 2 cups cooked).
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, beef, onions, celery, seasoned salt, pepper and eggs; mix well.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or pan with cooking spray. Add 3 cups of coleslaw blend; spread evenly to cover bottom of skillet. Spoon beef mixture evenly over coleslaw blend; spread out and press lightly with fork or back of spoon. Top with remaining coleslaw blend.
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar and vinegar; blend well. Spoon over beef mixture in skillet. Cover; cook over medium heat for 12 minutes. Uncover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook an additional 11 minutes or until beef mixture is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat. With cover partially on skillet, carefully drain off liquid. Let sit for 10 minutes to set. Cut into 8 wedges.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||11%|
|Total Fat 0.96g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.26g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.61g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|