Skinny Hash Browns, Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Casserole Recipe
All breakfast foods in one hearty, super delicious dish. I can’t wait for you to taste this luxuriously rich casserole! It’s so easy to make since using shredded frozen hash browns. Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch and you can freeze the leftovers for a quick weekday meal. Each skinny serving has 230 calories, 4 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- Olive oil cooking spray or your favorite
- 12 slices bacon or turkey bacon, I used Oscar Meyer Center cut bacon
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs, I like using Egg-Land’s Best, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt or salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups frozen hash browns, not defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To cook bacon: Line a plate with several paper towels. Place 6 bacon strips on the paper. Cover with several paper towels. Cook in microwave for 4-5 minutes until well done and crispy. Repeat with 6 remaining bacon strips. Add all cooked strips to clean paper towels and blot. Set aside.
- Cook onions in microwave for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cooked onions, crumble in bacon, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, eggs, egg whites, ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt or salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Spread evenly. Cover the top evenly with frozen hash browns. Make sure to break up the chunks of potato. Spray the top generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle top with ½ teaspoon seasoning salt or salt and a little pepper.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes. To crisp the hash browns, place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it while broiling to not burn.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes to set. Cut into 6 slices.
- his casserole can be reheated and it freezes great too! It can be easily doubled and made in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Makes 6 serving (each serving, 1 slice)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 306g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 302||63%|
|Total Fat 33.68g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 12.28g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.98g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|