Skinny Eggs Benedict Recipe
You bet…This skinny one is beyond delicious!!! And, it’s topped with a low calorie “mock” Hollandaise sauce. Perfect to make on the weekend. Each skinny serving has 204 calories, 9 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This recipe makes 2 servings but this can easily be doubled, tripled and so on. Enjoy!
- Ingredients for Eggs Benedict:
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 eggs, I like using Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 1 English muffin (whole wheat or multigrain), split
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light garlic and herb cheese or your favorite flavor
- 2 thin slices cooked ham (½ ounce for each), cut in 4
- 2 large thin slices tomato or 4 smaller slices
- Ingredients for Skinny Hollandaise Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- ½ tablespoon light mayonnaise, I like Best Foods Light (Hellman’s)
- 2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance light, melted in microwave for about 15 seconds (covered)
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. To Poach Eggs: Add enough water to the pot or pan to fill half full of water. Add vinegar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to simmering (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water). Break one egg at a time into a measuring cup. Holding the lip of the cup as close to the water as possible, carefully slip egg into simmering water. Repeat with additional egg. Leave some space between each. Simmer eggs, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until the whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken a bit but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove eggs to a plate.
- 2. In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toast English muffin halves and set aside. Spread the cut side of each muffin half with ½ of the cheese wedge. Place muffin halves, cheese side up, in prepared dish. Top each with the ham pieces. Place tomato slice or slices on top. Add a cooked egg to each.
- 3. To Make Hollandaise Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, butter and a little salt and pepper. Divide and spoon Hollandaise Sauce over eggs. Spread over top using the back of the spoon.
- 4. Cover pan with foil and bake for about 10-12 minutes until heated through.
- 5. Serve at once with a fork and knife.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||49%|
|Total Fat 10.42g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.39g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.46g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|