Skinny Denver Omelette and Hash Browns Casserole Recipe
Wait until you taste this skinny breakfast casserole! It’s sooo hearty and includes the fabulous Denver omelette flavors of eggs, ham, bell peppers and cheese all loaded into one absolutely delicious dish! Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch but so quick to make, you can easily make it during the week. It freezes great too! Each skinny serving has just 165 calories, 4 grams of fat and only 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A keeper for sure!
- Ingredients for Egg Casserole:
- Olive oil cooking spray or your favorite
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) lean ham, chopped
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt">yogurt or nonfat plain yogurt">yogurt
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs beaten, I like using Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt or salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups frozen hash browns, not defrosted
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt or salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cook onions and red peppers in microwave for 3 minutes. Drain liquid.
- In a large bowl, add cooked onions and peppers, ham, yogurt, cottage cheese and milk. Mix well. Stir in eggs, egg whites, ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt or salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Spread evenly. Cover the top evenly with frozen hash browns. Make sure to break up the chunks of frozen potatoes. Spray the top generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle top with ½ teaspoon seasoning salt or salt.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes. To crisp hash browns, place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it while broiling to not burn.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes to set. Cut into 6 slices.
- This casserole can be reheated and it freezes great! It can be easily doubled and made in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Makes 6 serving (each serving, 1 slice)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 293g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||20%|
|Total Fat 5.26g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.03g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 32.45g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|