Skinny Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
It’s officially fall and it’s all about comfort foods. Chicken pot pie is considered the ultimate comfort food! It’s a savory pie filled with a luxurious chicken stew. This skinny chicken pot pie recipe has only 266 calories, 6 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS per serving! It doesn’t need the top and bottom crust either. It’s served spooned onto a plate or bowl and garnished with a flaky biscuit.
- 3 cups Swansonâs reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1Â½ cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and cubed (Â½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cubed (Â½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1Â½ cups frozen peas (not defrosted)
- 1Â½ cup reduced-fat milk
- Â½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Golden Layer Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the onions, potato, sweet potato, carrots, and celery. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and frozen peas, breaking them up. Bring back to a boil, turn the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour the chicken, vegetables and broth into the colander. Add the strained broth back to the pan. Set aside the chicken and vegetables.
- In separate small bowl, add the flour. Gradually add the milk to the flour stirring with a whisk, until well blended.
- Increase the heat to medium with the broth. Stir in the milk/flour mixture with a whisk. Cook for 5 minutes or until thicken. Stir often.
- Add back the chicken and vegetables, along with the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Coat an 11 x 7 baking dish (see Shopping Tip) with cooking spray and pour in the chicken stew.
- Open the package of biscuits, separate them and place on top of the chicken stew. Line them evenly over the top.
- Place the pie on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- To serve, spoon into each bowl and top with one biscuit. There will be two extra biscuits for whoever desires.
- Serves 8 (each serving, â of recipe and 1 biscuit)
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 293g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||26%|
|Total Fat 5.99g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.13g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 23.3g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|