Simplest Way to Make Pudding Dessert Recipe
Bread pudding recipe is simple and easy to make. It is a warm dessert to enjoy with your family and friends on cold winter evenings. Accompanied with a buttery sauce, the taste of the banana bread pudding enhances two-fold. Here is a simple banana bread pudding recipe that you can prepare in no time and uses the ingredients already available in your pantry.
- What you will need:
- 6-8 bread slices (white or brown is your choice)
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 large and ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of roasted and chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of raisins (increase the quantity if you like more crunch)
- For the buttery sauce:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (normal sugar will also do, but brown sugar gives a nice color)
- Pinch of salt
- To prepare the pudding:
- Mix the raisins and set them aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices and cut them in cubes. Let them rest in open air. You can also use day old bread, which is firm.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in thin one-inch long slices.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add sugar to it. Once it starts to crystallize then add the banana pieces to it and fry on medium heat until tender and brown on both sides.
- In a deep bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the banana slices to the mix and set aside.
- Take a 9 1/2 inch baking dish and grease the insides with a little butter.
- Arrange 1/3 of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish and layer the banana pieces over it.
- Pour 1/3 of the mix over the layers and sprinkle a handful of soaked raisins and pecans over it.
- Create another layer of bread, banana, and egg-cream mix over the top.
- Arrange remaining bread cubes over the final layer and sprinkle more soaked raisins and pecans on top.
- Bake in the oven at 180Â°C for 45 minutes. The top will turn golden brown.
- To make the sauce:
- Take a thick-bottom pan over low heat and melt the butter in it.
- Add salt, sugar, and cream to the pan and whisk well.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, cut a slice of warm banana bread pudding and drizzle a generous amount of sauce over it. You can sprinkle some nutmeg on top for added warmth.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 298g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 626||65%|
|Total Fat 72.16g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 31.67g||127%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.14g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|