Shrimp & Shell Pasta Salad Recipe
A light summer luncheon salad with a yogurt dill dressing. Serve as the main attraction or as a side dish. Substitute light sour cream for the yogurt if you wish, and/or tuna or chicken for the shrimp.
Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shell pasta (I used whole grain)
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas, cooked as per package directions, then rinsed to cool and drained)
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (or sliced green onions)
- 1 6-ounce container plain low fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 4.25-ounce cans tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- For Garnish (optional): Red or green leaf lettuce leaves, sliced cheese, tomato wedges or grape tomatoes, lemon wedges and/or parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse to cool and drain well.
- Place pasta in large mixing bowl with peas, celery and onion. For dressing, in a small bowl mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Stir dressing into pasta mixture throroughly. Lightly fold in shrimp.
- Time permitting, cover and chill for 2 hours.
- For luncheon entree servings line individual medium serving plates with lettuce leaves. Scoop a generous one cup of shrimp pasta salad on top of each and garnish with cheese slices, tomatoes, lemon wedge and parsley.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 129||35%|
|Total Fat 14.59g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.62g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.85g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|