Shrimp Croquettes Recipe
Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 1 pound small to medium size shrimp, boiled (reserve about Â½
- cup of the boiling liquid) and drained
- 2 tbs butter
- Â½ cup finely chopped onions
- 3 tbs plus Â¼ cup all purpose flour
- Â½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup milk
- Â½ cup shrimp broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- Â½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Chop finely. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the
- onions and cook for about two minutes, or until wilted. Add
- the three tablespoons of the flour and the paprika and stir.
- Add the milk and the shrimp liquid, stirring constantly with a
- whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth. Continue cooking,
- stirring constantly for two minutes. Add the shrimp and egg yolks.
- Stirring constantly, cook for about 30 seconds. Add half of the
- bread crumbs, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Blend well. Cool thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions. Shape each portion into a
- small ball. roll the balls in the remaining one-fourth cup flour.
- Beat the egg with the water. Roll the croquettes in the egg mixture and
- then in the remaining bread crumbs. Press to help the crumbs adhere. Shake
- off any excess.
- Heat the oil to 360Âº in a deep pot or fryer. Fry the croquettes,
- three to four minutes, or until they are golden browen. Drain on paper towels.
- Makes four servings
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 22g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||30%|
|Total Fat 1.58g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.77g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.67g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|