Shrimp Alfredo Pizza Recipe
Shrimp, asparagus and spinach in a thick Alfredo sauce on top of a pizza.
Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 5oz can of 2 % evaporated milk
- 3 oz low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbs butter
- 3 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pizza Crust:
- Make your favorite crust or buy one
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz shrimp
- 1 oz frozen spinach, finely chopped (you can use fresh)
- 6 small stalks asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- I cut some basil into ribbons and sprinkled on top for a garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If you have a pizza stone make sure that is on the center shelf, so it heats up.
- Sauce: put milk, broth and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and heat until steaming, about 3 to minutes. Remove and let this cool for a minute or 2 before using. In a large sauce pan over low heat add butter. When butter melts add flour and whisk until mixed with butter. Then add the milk mixture slowly and whisk it while adding. Whisk this mixture until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Add the parmesan and whisk until Parmesan is melted and incorporated into milk mixture. Poor this back into bowl and set aside.
- Toppings: in the sauce pan heat olive oil. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes, add the shrimp and spinach and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crust. Then spread the toppings over the sauce. Then place the shrimp over the other toppings. Cook for about 10 minutes. When it comes out sprinkle with basil if using.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||42%|
|Total Fat 5.18g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.27g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.66g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|