Shalgam aur Matar Ki Subzi Recipe
Cost per recipe $3.72 view details
- 250 gram turnips
- 2 large onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 Cup green peas
- an inch piece of ginger
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies - chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- To prepare Shalgam ki Sabzi, first peel the skin of turnips.
- Wash the turnips and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Chop the turnips into equal size cubes.
- Next make paste of chopped onion, green chili, ginger and garlic in mixer. Use little water to make paste if required. Set aside the paste till required.
- Next make a coarse paste of tomatoes as well.
- Heat the cooking oil in a heavy bottom cooking vessel.
- Add the bay leaf in hot oil and once the aroma of bay leaf is released add the onion paste.
- Fry over medium heat till the paste leaves the sides of the cooking vessel and the raw smell wafts aways.
- By now the onion paste would have changed color to deep brown.
- Now, add the chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Stir to combine and continue cooking the spice mix on medium-low heat till the mixture comes together and starts leaving sides of the pan. This usually takes 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped turnips along with the peas and mix to coat the vegetables with the masala.
- Add garam masala and stir to combine.
- Add approximately 1/4 Cup of water and stir well.
- Cover the cooking vessel with the lid and cook the turnips over low heat.
- Turnips take a bit longer to get cooked through. In between open the lid, stir the vegetables and check for doneness.
- Once the turnips are cooked through, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Shalgam aur Matar Ki Sabzi warm with Phulka or Paratha.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 718g|
|Calories from Fat 262||50%|
|Total Fat 29.77g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 2.53g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 62.41g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.4g||51%|