Sesame Chicken with Broccoli and Red Pepper Recipe
from Cook's Country, Oct/Nov 2011
Cost per serving $1.66 view details
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb broccoli, florets cut into 1-inch pieces, stalks peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 2-inch long matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Whisk together 1/2 cup broth, 3 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, and sesame oil in medium bowl.
- Toss chicken, remaining 1 Tbsp soy sauce, remaining 1 Tbsp cornstarch, and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to coat in large bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown chicken, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate and tend loosely with foil.
- Add broccoli and remaining 1/4 cup broth to now-empty skillet and cook, covered, until broccoli begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oiland bell pepper and cook until spotty brown, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk sauce to recombine and add to skillet with chicken and any accumulated juices. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 229g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||53%|
|Total Fat 14.71g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.52g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.28g|
|Total Carbs 12.24g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|