Scottish Shortbread Recipe
Cost per recipe $0.21 view details
- 150gr Unsalted butter, in room temperature
- 70gr Brown sugar (some people say, this is irreplaceable with white sugar)
- 200gr Flour
- 1 tbsp Milk powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla powder/extract
- Cream butter, vanilla powder/extract and sugar by using electric mixer.
- Add 150gr of flour and milk powder to the mixture. Mix well by using rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle kneading board with the remaining flour. Knead the dough for 5 minutes with the remaining flour until it forms soft dough. Make a ball from the dough and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut them into 3x1 inch strips. Prick the cut shortbread dough with fork and place them on a pan already lined with ungreased parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the shortbread with a little bit of brown sugar before baking (optional).
- Bake the shortbread in a preheated oven (at 150 degree Celcius) for 20-25 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 44g|
|Calories from Fat 75||50%|
|Total Fat 8.52g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.31g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.33g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|