Savory Baked Sweet Corn Recipe
A farm dish makes it to the city table. Use fresh sweet corn for a tasty creamy hot side dish with fried chicken and green beans.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com
All rights reserved.
- 1 teaspoon butter to grease a 1-quart casserole dish
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups packed fresh cream style corn (corn cut off the ear and scraped) or use 2 cups frozen corn, 1 cup briefly run through the blender
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- sprinkling of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter the casserole dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, seasonings in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter to cook onion until softened.
- Add milk, beaten eggs, corn, buttered cooked onion, cheese, parsley and the cracker crumbs to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour into the buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Test for doneness by inserting knife in the center and it comes out clean.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||37%|
|Total Fat 4.84g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.58g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.06g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|