Sauteed Pineapple Salad Recipe
Cost per serving $4.93 view details
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 pineapple slices (you can use fresh or canned)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil if using canned pineapple; 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil if using fresh pineapple
- Rinse lettuce and tear leaves. Put a few on each plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet.
- Drain pineapple if canned & pat dry; if fresh rinse and pat dry.
- If fresh pineapple, saute on each side for several minutes until it gets tender - you will probably need to add more olive oil during the process to keep it from sticking. If using canned, just quickly sear it on each side.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on each side and continue to saute until the sugar just begins to caramelize
- Transfer cooked pineapple slices to the prepared plates of lettuce
- Top with shredded cheese (do this quickly, while it's hot, so the cheese melts a bit on top the pineapple)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 482g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||19%|
|Total Fat 6.94g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.26g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 64.92g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|