Sausage stuffed mushrooms Recipe
I've been perfecting these throughout the years and now they are my biggest requested appetizer for get-togethers and holidays! I don't make many things well but these are by far the best thing I make! Even our Chef at our restaurant wanted this recipe!
This is based on using 2 large packages of large button mushrooms.
- 2 pkg. large button cap mushrooms
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 tube package Bob Evens spicy sausage
- 1 cup each shredded asiago and parmesan cheeses
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 cups italian herb bread crumbs (I love Illio DiPalo italian & cheese)
- sliced provolone to top
- - Preheat oven to 375
- - Heat EVOO in a medium skillet over medium to high heat
- - Dice and mince finely peppers and onion and saute until crispy & browned in skillet (I some times process veggies)
- - Add sausage to veggie mixture and cook through until browned
- - Add sausage & veggie mixture to large mixing bowl
- - melt butter and add to sausage mixture
- - Add bread crumbs and cheeses and using hands, mix thoroughly
- lightly grease or spray a 9X12" pan or dish (but you can really cook them in any size dish!)
- - lightly rinse and de-stem mushroom caps
- - using hands scoop out stuffing mixture and tightly pack a heaping portion into caps
- - fill pan or dish making sure mushrooms touch and are squeezed into dish (makes it easier to top with cheese)
- Bake mushrooms on 375 for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Top entire pan or dish with sliced provolone
- Bake again on 375 for an additional 10 min or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove, cool slightly and serve! They go fast so save some for yourself!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||50%|
|Total Fat 11.42g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.42g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.86g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|