Sarson Ka Saag (Punjab special) Recipe
Sarsoon Ka Saag is a Punjab special dish, cooked happily, served happily, distributed among neighbour happily. This is the taste of Punjab. Punjaian De Shan Vakhri (this is a quote, meansning Punjabi's have a diiferent prestigue)
Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- 1. Sarsoon Ka Saag (Mustrad green leaves), sorted and chopped 1 kg
- 2. Cholai , sorted and chopped 100 g
- 3. Bathu , sorted and chopped 50 g
- 4. Sholia (optional, if available) 25 g
- 5. Qasuri Methi fresh , sorted and chopped 25 g
- 6. Makai ka atta (corn flour, not starch) 4 table spoon
- 7. Coriander leaves, sorted and chopped a few
- 8. Green Chillies 5-6 nos.
- 9. Ginger chopped 2 inch long piece
- 10. Garlic cloves 6-8 whole for tempering
- 11. Desi Ghee or Butter (Makhan) for tempering(Tarka) 100 g or more
- 12. Hara piyaz (spring onion) chopped 2-3 nos.
- 13. Spices: Salt to taste, chilli powder 2 teaspoon, chilli cutter 1 teaspoon, Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- 1. Heat 1-2 glass of water in a large handi (Cooking pan), add sarsoon ka saag, cholai, bathu, sholia, qasuri methi, spices and cook on medium flame for 3-4 hour, initially volume seems to be large due to raw vegetable, stirr gently to avoid overflow.
- 2. When vegetables becomes tender, mash them with the help of gotni (a special wooden masher) or cool down the tender vegetable and crush in an electric chopper.
- 3. Now sprinkle makai ka atta in small portions with vigorous stirring to avoid lumps formation.
- 4. Cook for 4-5 minutes then add ginger, green chillies and corainder leaves and cook with stirring then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 5. Before serving heat butter/desi ghee in a frying pan, add garlic to it, when garlic becomes golden add spring onion to it and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then pour this tempering over the prepared Sarsoon Ka Saag
- Delicious Sarsoon Ka Saag is ready.
- Serve with Corn flour roti or with plain roti
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 0g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|